Job Title Nursing
Job Type Full Time
Years Of Experience Freshers and Experienced
Job Post Date 01 Mar, 2019
REPORTS TO: Nurse Manager
As a Registered Nurse, you will visit multiple patients’ homes each day and provide them with a full range of personalized care, which may include such items as instruction on chronic disease management and medication, pain management, wound care, IV infusion, and post- operative instruction. Part of your job is to work with patients and provide the tools they need to ensure their own recovery. Seeing the end results of their recovery is just one of the many rewards of your position.
Duties and Responsibility
1. Providing case management as described in SOP for all cases involving nursing and therapy services
2. Making the initial evaluation visit as applicable and re-evaluating each patient’s nursing needs on a regular basis
3. Providing nursing services, treatments and diagnostic procedures requiring specialized skills and assuming full responsibility for each of your patients
4. Participating in in-service programs, as well as training, and teaching other nursing personnel
5. Developing and implementing the treatment plan for each patient under the direction of their physician
6. Observing and reporting symptoms, reaction to treatments, drugs, and changes in the patient’s physical or emotional condition
7. Evaluates and revises the plan of care, as necessary.
8. Provides those services requiring substantial specialized nursing skill based on the physician’s orders and the nursing diagnosis. Examples of such services include, but are not limited to, physical assessment, patient and family teaching, urinary catheter insertion and care, venepuncture and administration of IV fluids or medications, dressing changes, sterile and non-sterile etc.
9. Acts as the coordinator of the health care team in order to maintain the proper linkages with a continuum of care.
10. Provides reports to the patient’s physician about patient under care when the patient’s condition changes or there are deviations from the plan of care.
11. Initiating preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures as appropriate for the patient’s care and safety. Effecting changes in environment to ensure patient safety and security.
12. Maintaining clinical and progress notes for each patient receiving care and providing progress reports to their physician
13. Coordinating services for patients as needed to other agencies and health care providers as appropriate.
14. Counselling the patient and their family in meeting nursing and related needs
15. Providing supervision of home health aide services and preparing written instructions for care provided by home health aides
16. Maintaining confidentiality of patient and company matters
17. Submitting required documentation in a timely manner
18. Assisting the seniors and Program manager in decision making and policy formation as it pertains to the Home Care Program.
19. Participating in surveys, studies and special projects as assigned
20. Maintaining accurate time records
21. In addition to schedule hours, participating in weekend/holiday call schedule.
22. Observing company’s attendance requirements and dress code.
23. Conserving company’s resources and adequately maintaining company’s property, supplies, and equipment.
24. Adhering to all company polices, including but not limited to, infection control and safety, education, reporting and practice implementation.